02 June 2013

Medevac Update

I recently managed to see the old man who had the head injury whom I flew from his village to a nearby hospital. The hospital I took him to, Haydom Lutheran Hospital, is still pretty remote and a good eight hour drive from Arusha. It is pretty well equipped for a remote hospital due to many years of input from the Norwegian Lutheran Mission, for that reason the missionary doctor from the mission hospital near Pauli's village suggested that I take him to Haydom. He was able to get a CT scan and was stabilized but in the end surgery was still required to remove the pressure from his head.

MAF serves Haydom on a regular basis and we also fly monthly mobile clinics for them. However, I do not always get to spend much time there. A couple of weeks ago I flew a group of biological researchers in and waited to fly them out later that day. So, I asked around and manged to find Pauli in the surgery recovery ward. I could not communicate with him, but the doctors say that he is making a good recovery.

Please continue to pray for him and also his family member who has to take care of him while they are far away from their home village

No comments:

Post a Comment